Who We Are
We are eMerge Church. A real church for real people with real answers serving a real God. We are a Bible believing, Bible preaching, Bible teaching, and a Bible reaching congregation of born again believers seeking the will of God in order to effectively do the work of God. We invite you to join us as we emerge into God’s will for our lives through His Word.
- The Holy Bible, and only the Bible, is the authoritative Word of God. It alone is the final authority in determining all doctrinal truths. In its original writing, it is the inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:20-21; Prov. 30:5; Rom. 16:25-26).
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and co-eternal (1 John 5:7; Gen. 1:26; Matt. 3:16-17, 28:19; Luke 1:35; Is. 9:6; Heb. 3:7-11).
- Jesus Christ is God the Son, the second person of the Trinity. On earth, Jesus was 100% God and 100% man. He is the only man ever to have lived a sinless life. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died on the cross for mankind and thus, atoned for our sins through the shedding of His blood. He rose from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return again in power and glory (John 1:1, 14, 20:28; 1 Tim. 3:16; Is. 9:6; Philippians 2:5-6; 1 Tim. 2:5).
- Man was created good and upright in the image of God, but by voluntary transgression he fell. Man’s only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Gen. 1:26-31, 3:1-7; Rom. 5:12-21).
- We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ; His death, burial, and resurrection. Salvation is a gift from God, not a result of our good works or of any human efforts (Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 2:16, 3:8; Titus 3:5; Rom. 10:9-10; Acts 16:31; Heb. 9:22).
- Repentance is the commitment to turn away from sin in every area of our lives and to follow Christ, which allows us to receive His redemption and to be regenerated by the Holy Spirit. Thus, through repentance we receive forgiveness of sins and appropriate salvation (Acts 2:21, 3:19; 1 John 1:9).
- The blood that Jesus Christ shed on the Cross of Calvary was sinless and is 100% sufficient to cleanse mankind of all sin. Jesus allowed Himself to be punished for both our sinfulness and our sins, enabling all those who believe to be free from the penalty of sin, which is death (1 John 1:7; Rev. 1:5, 5:9; Col. 1:20; Rom. 3:10-12, 23, 5:9; John 1:29).
- Christians are people who have invited the Lord Jesus Christ to come and live inside them by His Holy Spirit. They relinquish the authority of their lives over to him thus making Jesus the Lord and Savior of their lives. They put their trust in what Jesus accomplished for them when He died, was buried, and rose again from the dead on the third day (John 1:12, 14:17, 23, 15:4; Rom. 8:11; Rev. 3:20).
- The church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of Jesus’ great commission. Every person who is born of the Spirit is an integral part of the church as a member of the body of believers. There is a spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Eph. 1:22, 2:19-22; Heb. 12:23; John 17:11, 20-23).
- Heaven is the eternal dwelling place for all those who have received salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord (2 Cor. 5:1; 1 Peter 1:3-5)
- Jesus Christ will physically and visibly return to earth for the second time to establish His Kingdom. (Matt. 24:30; 1 Thes. 4:15-17)